Are you single right now?

Forum :: Love and Dating Advice

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Author

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 10, 2009 12:54 AM
Quote:

And getting laid is so much more easier than finding love. If you're really desperate, just have a drink with the first girl that likes you/talks to you and keep those drinks coming. It's not the most ethical thing in the world, but it might get you past that first step.

I find that neither are easy. For some people, partying and drinking is not really their thing. I tried it a couple times and never really found it interesting. Some people just don't thrive in that kind of environment. You have to be in a place your comfortable. Which is why I recommend joining a club.

Relationships are a very complicated thing. It can be an emotional roller coaster and some people just can't handle it. And you know what? That's okay too.

I run Sleepycomics.com
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 19, 2009 09:43 PM
I'm an old timer, a really old timer -- so take that into account if what I say seems totally out of sync. I'm married, have 3 grown daughters (in early 20's). In my pre-marriage days I had no trouble getting "dates". I was told once, long ago, that I was "cute" but not "handsome" (in the classic sense of that word). Since I've been married to the same woman for as long as my daughters have been alive, it should be obvious it's been decades since I've "dated". With that as a caveat, here is my advice to lonelynerd:
1) Your height is a limiting factor but not totally limiting. I'm sure there are many girls in your world who are shorter than you. I'd suggest focusing on them, particularly those you are casually acquainted with (I've always found total stangers harder to get involved with).
2) Look around yourself at work, in your places of recreation, in your neighborhood at restaurants and other places you interact with women, and smile at them, and don't be afraid to strike up a conversation. Get a casual friendship going before trying to ask them to go on a "date". Try to be on the lookout for women who seem not to have any significant "other" men in their lives. Millions of women are just like you -- trust me -- without a love interest and virtually all alone.
3) After you know their name and they know yours, and you've exchanged a few "hellos" and small talk, ask them out for a drink, or a movie, or a meal. You may get a few, or even more than a few, negative responses, but don't let that make you afraid to keep trying. Feeling "rejected" can stymy your energy . . . don't let it. Sooner or later there will be a "yes" -- trust me. Go out and enjoy her company. No need to try to put the "make" on her. Let things develop slowly, but do not be afraid to reach for her hand, or put your arm around her when the opportunity arises, particularly if you are at the movie theatre. If she responds warmly to these small advances then more will follow -- trust me -- more will follow.
4) Use your male friends who have an easier time with "women" than you do, as your "helpers". Ask them if they know anyone who might be available. And don't be afraid to go out with someone you have no long range interest in -- oftentimes you go out simply to have fun, and more importantly, to meet other "women" besides the one you are with. It happens, truly, it does.
5) P.S., if you work in an office, or attend a college you will find yourself surrounded by women every day. Keep your eyes open and pick one you find interesting and not too intimidating. I always admired the homecoming queen, but I never wasted my psychic energy trying to get a "date" with her . . . she already had more dates than she needed. Focus on those who don't.
End of sermon.

Modified on: 2009-10-27 18:42:04
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 19, 2009 10:19 PM
Quote:
I always admired the homecoming queen, but I never wasted my psychic energy trying to get a "date" with her . . . she already had more dates than she needed. Focus on those who don't.
End of sermon.

You make a good point. There are indeed a lot of women out there who never get hit on and are really lonely. In fact, it is even a greater stigma for single women, because society expects most young women to find a man and get settled. If she's single, it means "there's something wrong with her" by society's standpoint, and it can be tough. Everyone basically just needs to be more social in life.

I run Sleepycomics.com
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 27, 2009 09:35 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm single, but I do have a fuckbuddy... But most of the time I'm just meeting new people and hanging out with them. I dont need a relationship or anything, so if we can be friends who sex, it's fine by me! I noticed about myself that I am not responsible and reliable enough to be in a relationship yet. So for everyone it's best if I don't commit myself.

Man, I wish my life was that interesting. Right now most women just seem to ignore me, which is strange because I'm really rich...don't women like money?

And be confident, PLEASE be confident. If you have like these neurotic twitches, like scratching yourself, touching your hair, constantly looking around and not being able to look her in the eyes, then get rid of them. It's all I can say. It shows that you're insecure which is not attractive.
Oh and the final thing, you've got a good job now, but don't talk about it unless she asks about it. And definetly dont brag about it.

You know Blx, the interesting thing is that I am actually a very outgoing person in real life (if you ever meet me you'll know). But there is something about my personality that I don't think people like...I still can't figure out what it is. Maybe it's arrogance. Maybe.

But I'm not too worried about it actually. 90% of the people in my demographic end up getting married, so it's bound to happen to me at one point. I just gotta be patient.

paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 27, 2009 09:37 PM
Yes, please be patient man. You're still young, very young. Something good is going to come your way, I believe it.

Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 28, 2009 12:10 AM
Quote:
Yes, please be patient man. You're still young, very young. Something good is going to come your way, I believe it.

Sometimes it feels like nothing interesting will ever happen to me, but life's been pretty unpredictable. 4 years ago I could not envision being where I am today. We'll see how things turn out.

I run Sleepycomics.com
paulpicks11

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 30, 2009 12:09 AM
Truer words were never spoken. . . . "Life is unpredictable". You never know what is just around the corner. In your case, Red, given your great youthful age, I'm certain something good is coming around the bend just for you. Watch for it.

Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 30, 2009 04:18 AM
I just turned single two days ago. My GF I thought loved me turned out to be allot different then I expected. First of all. Long distance relationships mostly don't work. Second. All her stories keep changing. Third. She barely cared about a ruby necklace I sent. Then finally, She tells me she has a live in guy friend. So after thinking more about I told her in the nicest way possible to stay friends. she didn't know if she wanted to be. so I said fine and removed her from all my contacts. The one good thing is I'm getting my necklace back. One thing I wasn't too happy to admit. my mom was right all along. I guess I wanted to think I found the right one but I am wrong once more.

ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
Red (Moderator)

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 30, 2009 07:47 AM
Quote:
I just turned single two days ago. My GF I thought loved me turned out to be allot different then I expected. First of all. Long distance relationships mostly don't work. Second. All her stories keep changing. Third. She barely cared about a ruby necklace I sent. Then finally, She tells me she has a live in guy friend. So after thinking more about I told her in the nicest way possible to stay friends. she didn't know if she wanted to be. so I said fine and removed her from all my contacts. The one good thing is I'm getting my necklace back. One thing I wasn't too happy to admit. my mom was right all along. I guess I wanted to think I found the right one but I am wrong once more.

I'm sorry to hear that Jakken. Your story reminds me of one of my friends from highschool, who recently started having relationship issues. My friend also bought his GF a $500 necklace (which I thought was insane because he has like no money!). It's good that you're getting that back.

Was she younger or older than you? Women...heh...I mean girls at that age don't really know what they want and are quite frankly, immature.

You aren't "wrong", you just have more experience now.

I run Sleepycomics.com
Jakken

View Profile
Post Date: Oct 30, 2009 10:04 PM
I appreciate your kindness Red. She was younger then I was but it seemed like it was going to be a long and loving relationship. But in the end I knew and the next time I wont be so foolish. Just glad she didn't know any of my close friends. But a lesson for all. Don't by expensive for boy or girl friends unless you really know you both love each other allot.

ILM of JMJ July 31 1988-May 29,2006 Miss you bro.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Page creation time: 0.005388